Monday 28 November 2016

The Power of Power

Hamjambo wasomaji, hamjambo tena... hamjambo mara ya mwisho (boring) Kiswahili si mdomo changu...Okay, Attention all generation fresh (the chewing gum) generation pol kam (pk) it's another high time I take you back to my era,the era where 1 shilling would mean I got ten biscuits or two patcos not forgetting kooa pia. Now days 5 shillings means four biscuits, nooo, legs go back to when Greatwall was
the only Tv and Kbc the only station!!

It seems having power over Mr Pamba and "my mother in law" was just but a beginning,it opened doors to more power. On Monday,I woke up late but fresh (didn't dream I was at the urinals) had my strong tea with the ugali I saved yester night and off to school. I washed my hands on the dew near the school and ran just to arrive in time for the assembly. After Oh God of all irrigation..bless this our London nation....(the national anthem) was over,they announced the new prefects and as if my ears were playing tricks on me, I heard my name.

I was given power over teachers, I was the only one who could walk out of class without saying " plisi teacher mayai go out" (please teacher, May I go out). I was named H.E, Hon. The Time keeper, I decide when they enter and when they leave. Well,the bell to ring between lessons was a small one,handheld,but the main for break,lunch and games was a old jembe ya tractor,hanging from a tree outside alongside a short metallic rod for hitting it. This also meant my name would finally miss in the; noise makers list, sweepers list among others, what more could I ask for?.

Then next day when I was out to hummer the bell for break, I saw the chief alongside his daughter her majesty Mary. My balls started to sweat,maybe they're here for me, no it can't be.. I convinced myself.... I hit the bell so hard and the entire school roared "brrrreaaaaaaak!!!!". She was in uniform,and after break she was back in class (privilege of being the chief's daughter) and all was set. She was sent to be my desk mate by Mr suti moja (a nickname ofcos) since I had only one girl at my desk. Awkward as it was I had to,but we agreed in public we're Waiguru and Kabura. That evening she borrowed my GHC book (now social studies) to catch up with the notes,even though she was repeating class.

She returned it the following morning,covered and stapled with a United bread paper,It looked good,she gave me two well roasted maize (still warm) as a thank you. Blessed is me who is loved Abraham 3:26 (does it exist), the maize season had not arrived. I kept one in my pocket and ate grain after grain during the parade as the other one remained in my bag (green paper bag) in class. "Mwenye ameiba mahindi yangu atanyamba siku yote" that was my reaction after I discovered my other maize imemea miguu. I suspected Wafula but had no proof, I opened my GHC book kutoa stress as I wait for the teacher when I saw some writings I didn't jot.

                                        P.o. box love
                                         via me & u
                                  Kiss b4 u readed.
Dear love,
                  Nakupenda sana mpenji, when am next to u my heart fills parakachaa!! Everytime I see our boy I see u..........
 I was reading when our teacher picked my book and others for checking as he said "wengine hamuandiki notes leo mtapenda". He went with them to the staff room and placed them at his desk near the Window. If he sees Mary's letter,am doomed.. I would be in hot soup, I would loose my power.

Power, yes power... I had power to enter the staff room. Exactly, he seemed to have bladder issues so I waited for him to head for the toilets when I stormed his desk and replaced the book with a C.R.E one, Mrs Sikhuvi asked what I was doing and I explained how I had collected the wrong book. In class,I took the page out,chewed it like football (type of Big G) then used it to hit Wafula pretending it wasn't me. Mary my desky and souly (if desk mate = desky then soul mate = ....) giggled as I went to ring the bell for home science

No comments:

Post a Comment